The Waiter / Waitress provides continuous service to guests seated in the dining room. The Waiter / Waitress also maintains the cleanliness and accessibility of the dining room by promptly cleaning tables and chairs, cleaning food and drink spills, and maintaining the dining area restrooms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes guests with a friendly smile and greeting and introduces him/herself within one (1) minute of the guest being seated. Assists guests with carrying food tray from Checker station to the dining room when called.
- Offers to assist guest in removing food from tray and sets the table in the standard setting. Removes tray from table and suggests condiments or other accompaniments to the meal. Promptly returns with requested items.
- Returns to the table on a regular basis and politely inquires about the guests meal. If a food item is unsatisfactory, offers a replacement item and immediately notifies a manager of the guest issue. Offers drink refills when glass is one-third (1/3) full. When appropriate, pre-busses table by removing any empty dishes.
- Circulates around the dining area and stays alert to guests request for service. Responds to guests request for service with a sense of urgency and immediately notifies a manager of any guest issues.
- Suggestively sells coffee and dessert following a meal if none has been purchased. Provides guests with to-go boxes and cups upon request.
- Thanks guests for dining at Piccadilly with a friendly smile and farewell.
- Busses tables and carries dirty dishes to dish loading area. Wipes tables and chairs with sanitizing solution and cleans seats with dampened cloth. Dries tables and chairs with a dry cloth and resets table to Piccadilly standards.
- Cleans highchairs after each use and returns to the appropriate area of the cafeteria.
- Stocks and maintains condiments stand in assigned section.
- Checks condition of restrooms on a regular basis, cleans if necessary, and reports status to a manager.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment by following proper food and workplace safety techniques. Maintains clean and accessible walkways in the dining area and notifies manager of broken or faulty equipment or other safety hazards.
- Assists with daily and weekly dining room cleaning duties as assigned by the Restaurant Cleaning Program.
- Focuses on teamwork and cooperation with management and other team members. Participates in meetings and contributes to the overall success of the unit.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by a manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of what must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal communication skills required to assist guests with food and service requests or questions.
- Good hearing ability required to hear and respond to food and service requests or questions.
- Good visual ability required to identify specific food items and to clearly see food labels.
- Must be able to carry up to 20 pounds.
- Good interpersonal skills required to create a friendly and comfortable environment for guests.
Continuous exposure to several disagreeable elements of factors such as:
- Exposure to hot and cold food
• Post ID: 17665723 mobile