As a Field-Based and Telephonic Case Manager, you'll wear many hats, and work in a variety of environments. Sometimes, you'll interact with members leaving the hospital - possibly with new medications or diagnoses. Or perhaps you'll perform home visits, assisting members with safe, effective transitions from care environments to where they live. You may also act as an intermediary between providers and members - serving in numerous roles, such as educator, evaluator, service coordinator, community resource researcher and more. The result? Fewer hospitalizations, ER visits and costly service gaps; and a less stressed, more effective health care system for us all.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The territory for this position is the greater Mobile County, AL area. When not in the field, this will be a telecommute/work from home position. You will be in the field approximately 50% of the time meeting with members and working from home when not in the field.
- Visit Medicare members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Making outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Help members understand their benefits
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide a complete continuum of quality care through close communication with members via in-person or on-phone interaction
- Support members with condition education, medication reviews and connections to resources such as Home Health Aides or Meals on Wheels
- Assist members with the transition from a care facility back to their home
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Alabama
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses required
- Ability to travel to member homes or other locations within the greater Mobile County, AL area
- 3+ years RN nursing experience in a hospital, acute care, home health/hospice, direct care or case management
- Computer/typing proficiency to enter/retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Must live within a commutable distance (50 minutes or 50 miles) of the greater Mobile County, AL area
- Must have a designated space in home for home office with access to high speed internet (DSL or cable)
- Case Management experience
- CCM / Certification in Case Management
- Home care/field based case management
- Medicaid, Medicare, Managed Care experience
- Experience working with the needs of vulnerable populations who have chronic or complex bio-psychosocial needs
- Experience in Home & Community based or Long Term Care services delivery
- Problem solving skills; the ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise appropriate courses of action
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information from others
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Field Based, RN, Case Manager, Mobile County, AL, Alabama, Prichard, Mobile, CCM
Associated topics: asn, care unit, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, mhb, psychatric, psychiatric, surgery, tcu
• Post ID: 25679547 mobile