Posted: Sunday, November 5, 2017 4:22 AM
What you'll do
- Drives sales and profit in the Pharmacy and OTC areas
- Ensures compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for assigned areas
- Ensures confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records as required
- Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
- Oversees the implementation of and participates in community outreach programs and encourages Associates to serve as a good member of the community.
- Provides comprehensive patient care to customers
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for Associates in assigned areas
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or PharmD, degree or equivalent FPGEC (NABP).
- Completion of an ACPE accredited immunization training program (for example, APhA, Pharmacy School Curriculum, State Pharmacy Association sponsored).
- Pharmacy license (by job entry date).
- 1 year U.S. Pharmacy related experience.
Associated topics: biomedical, biopharma, biopharmaceutical, food scientist, injury, patient, pharmaceutical, physiology, protein, trauma
• Location: Mobile
• Post ID: 26100222 mobile