Posted: Friday, September 1, 2017 2:15 PM
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the worlds leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of Americas Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Account Representative I or II Automotive Refinish (1703400) Mobile, AL
We are seeking an Account Representative to support the Alabama market, working with automotive refinish paint customers to grow our market share. In return for innovating and pushing yourself and your team to be the best every day, youll have your accomplishments recognized and rewarded, youll get amazing growth opportunities, and youll know firsthand what it feels like to be surrounded by a global network of other brilliant colleagues.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Execute the business strategy and drive sales growth in the local markets through identifying customer and market needs within assigned market responsibility.
- Increase sales growth by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closing sales; recommend new products and services.
- Develop and expand the customer relationship by understanding their individual requirements/expectations and meeting their needs. This will be supported and driven by managing existing relationships along with developing new relationships.
- Travel at least 50% of the time.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. (e-mail removed) is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With (e-mail removed), you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, youll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- High School diploma/equivalent required and a minimum of 2 years of sales, technical service, or customer-facing experience required; 7 years of experience is preferred.
- Automotive experience required; automotive refinish or collision experience is strongly preferred.
- Customer relationship management strong interpersonal skills, motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical, able to build relationships, able to manage conflict, excellent time-management skills.
- Negotiation experience preferred.
- Strong PC Skills, including experience using MS Office, Customer Relationship Management programs, and Web Browsers.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time.
Primary Location: US-AL-Mobile
Other Locations: US-AL-McIntosh, US-AL-Montgomery
Function: SALE - Sales
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-ECN-Coatings Solutions North America
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Location: Mobile
• Post ID: 24069187 mobile