Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:45 AM
We are dedicated to the belief that people are our most important asset.In filling job openings every effort is expended to find candidates within Worthington, its divisions or subsidiaries.Employee development, opportunity to grow and continuing to evolve both as an employee and as a company are instrumental to our success. We encourage employees to inquire about open positions and apply to those that help further their career goals.
This positions primary responsible is for designing and ensuring human/machine interfaces and quality processes, procedures and controls are aligned to maximize quality production at a reduced cost. The Quality Engineer evaluates new customer and vendor requirements to design production:quality flow processes and prepares Capital Appropriation Requests(CAR) to evaluate if the investment is feasible and meets cost requirements. Key position results include but are not limited to, increase quality at and/or reduced cost for supply base, internally and customer base; compliance with all regulatory and internal policies; reduction in scrap, reject and rework; and timely and accurate CAR preparation and evaluation. The ideal candidate utilizes strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills to identify, develop and follow through on a course of action relative to production:quality flow processes.
* Develops process control methods in order to solve complex problems and eliminate waste.
* Facilitates internal teams in order to determine root cause and implements corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
* Interacts with suppliers in order to improve products through material or process changes.
* Completes customer PPAPs (Production Part Approval Process) and requirements. Develops, reviews and approves supplier PPAPs.
* Develops and performs DOEs (Design of Experiments).
* Determines root cause and implements corrective action to prevent reoccurrence on customer issues. Works with and approves supplier corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
* Evaluates, develops and implements procedure and manual changes.
* Performs customer visits and supplier audits in order to drive improvements internally and externally.
* Manages the preparation and evaluation of CARs related to new tooling and equipment.
* Trains operators and management.
* Assists with selection or hire, recommends discipline. May fill in for manager approvals.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Knowledge of FMEA process, participation and documentation of FMEAs
* Advanced knowledge of internal audit methodologies related to various quality systems
* Skilled in math and statistics
* Skilled in statistical software along with MS Office programs
* Knowledge of material and product defects
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong problem solving and organizational skills
* Customer service focused
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Detail oriented
* Bachelors degree in Quality/Engineering or related area or equivalent experience
* Preferred Certified Quality Technician, Certified Quality Auditor (CQA or WI Cert.), Certified Quality Engineer
* Intermediate metallurgy training
* 5:7 years of experience
Worthington Industries operates under a long:standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people:first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and
• Location: Mobile, theodore
• Post ID: 24028982 mobile